6.10.11

A new beginning

So.. right. With this catchy title I introduce you to my animators blog.
First words/posts are always so hard.
I got used to wordpress and it's sample post 'Hello World!'.
Well, now I'm at blogger and I'll try to describe how animators are produced at Teesside.

As I don't have broadband at home (yet!), I post from library/labs. My first post should be about sketches I did two days ago but... I left my sketchbook at home >.<.
Oh well..


I finished my bouncing ball animation (it's still rendering at home, 400 frames, 1050x576, full mentalray PC killer) and started pendulums.
As we have two weeks for that (seriously...), I wanted to create something more than flying around pendulum.

So.. Take a look at my short misteriously called... 'Pendulums!'.



















I draw storyboard (lol, I know it's useless), created rigs, scene and everything is ready to go!
Here is how my rig looks like:



















So, starting from the bottom:
#2 BALL has aim constrain to #1 BALL, which aims BODY.
This means, whenever I move body, #1 BALL will 'look' at it, creating an illusion of move. The same story is with #2 BALL, but it will be only affected while I move #1 BALL.

Eyes ofcourse aims EYE CTRL (simple locator [parented ball] with aim constraint).
The rest of the rig is based on parenting to curves (CTRLs).

And have a look at that blue little fella :D



















I hope I can make it fast so I can send it to my friend, sound designer so.. It would be 100% completed short! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment