18.1.12

Dance - Reference (also: Animation student)

Do you recognize this video?



I'm sure you do!
This advert was made by T-Mobile couple of years ago and with huge impact it could be seen around the world.
Needless to say, this brilliant video was so good, I've decided to make animated version of it in.. 2009. Yes, I was young and stupid animator who could barely use Maya, but with wild idea of making it.
The level of my animation was perfect for my mark - I got: D-.
So, I've deleted the animation from over the Internet and totally forgotten about it.

But, couple of days ago another wild idea appeared in my kinky mind - Why won't I try to do it again?
At first, I thought, I'm insane and I should not step the same river twice but then, with the lack of other ideas for DANCE TASK, I thought it might be a good idea.

So, brief scenario is:
1. Empty museum/library/quiet place. A guy with headphones walks around and looks at things.
2. Suddenly, track changes to 'Do you love me' by The Contours
3. Positively shocked, closes his eyes and start to do the T-Mobile dance:

4. As soon as choreography ends (around 40 seconds), he opens his eyes and see the guard staring at him like o_O
5. Shot on our dancer with stupid smile and CUT!

Now, fun part. From two days I'm trying to LEARN THE MOVES. Yes! You read correct.
I think I'm able to do this on Friday, when we will shoot our reference but.. I will see if I can make it.

Probably, I will just do it for fun (and to tell someday my grandchildren how grandpa's twisted mind is) so I already started animating body with reference shown above.
Yesterday, for TWO hours I was doing 6 seconds of animation - hips, knees and feet ONLY.

I think this is the hardest animation I had to do in my entire life (always too ambitious), but also, I can't wait for effects!
My only hope is not to end like on undergrad..

No comments:

Post a Comment