15.1.12

Maya CopyPasta!

Maya CopyPasta! v.1.0
Grab your stick and double click!

So, I was really tired of setting everything (settings, projects) up everyday. As our technicians are REALLY lazy and can't do their job.. I came up with a solution.

Couple of years ago, I used to be a programmer (rather my mathematician hobby). So.. I've written short batch file which will copy all my settings with one click!
Yes!

As I'm Good Guy Greg, I want to share it with you!

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.rafalschubert.com/Files/MayaCopyPasta.zip

Working on uni machines (Windows 7 x64).

PREPARATION
Copy everything from Maya settings folder:
C:\Users\USER_NAME\maya\2012-x64
Don't copy a folder, but folders inside (prefs, presets, scripts).


Then, paste it to your stick/external hard drive/student drive.
For example, student drive:
U:\settings
So in 'settings' folder we will find those three folders mentioned above.


Next, right click '!Maya CopyPasta! and open with notepad.
Set your student number and from patch (if it's different) and save the file.

DA JOB
Double click.
Check if patch and your student number is correct.
If it is, just press 'ANY' key.

YAY! Done :-)
Then just store this file on your drive (or student drive) and run when needed.


If intrested, I can make CopyPasta! for other software you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment