28.1.12

[WIP] Dance RC1



So at this stage it was mainly post-production.
It started from Rachel's suggestion, that it is not so obvious, that music is played from headphones.
So I've started thinking how I can show it. Rachel told, that character can put on headphones and start dancing but.. well, that causes some problems like from where she takes headphones or should music be playing instantly after headphones are on the head..

Meanwhile, Scott dropped an idea to lower the volume on long shots, and vice-versa.
Great idea, right? So in Adobe Audition I've started playing with sound and made it to sound like from headphones. Then, last thing to do was in Premiere..














This is how it looks my composition now. After long time of processing (frames are still on render space, so it takes a while till Premiere will get them on local cache) I got the results!
Great! Now.. wait a minute.. still something is missing.. Ah yes! Motion blur!
So fast switch on Adobe After Effects and.. voila!
Release candidate 1

However, I wanted to add some special effects like sun rays and floating dust. I watched couple tutorials how to do it but it was not working in my scene. Shame.. Volumetric lights is a thing which I haven't touched in Maya. I can do dust particles - it's not a problem - but without sun rays it looked silly.
Rendering interiors is a pain for me. I had many, many problems with eyes speculars.They are still visible in some frames, but with my current knowledge there is nothing I can do about it.

Can't believe it is over. It took me so many hours to complete this task.
And remember what I was saying in first post? (http://raffanimates.blogspot.com/2012/01/dance-reference-also-animation-student.html)
I think this is the hardest animation I had to do in my entire life (always too ambitious), but also, I can't wait for effects!My only hope is not to end like on undergrad..
And guess what? I AM REALLY PROUD OF MYSELF.
Whole production time I was thinking 'No.. I can't make it. This clip/dance is cursed and I will never be good enough to make it look good'.
And yes, it was the hardest animation in my entire life. It's really difficult to make every move flow, without twists and popping.

Trying to count how long animating this took me.. well.. 9 hours daily multiplied by 11 days.. OH-MY..
I'm really happy with the results and can't wait for Animex week to have a rest and read some books. However, still got couple of days and I have to spend them on drawing, because I concentrated only on animation leaving some time before the deadlines.

Software used:
Autodesk Maya, Adobe: Photoshop; Audition; Premiere; After Effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment